Vegetable oils are produced by extracting the part of the plants. This type of oils can be used as cooking oil, fuel, parfum, lubricant, and others.
Here are some types of vegetable oils that can be used for cooking:
1. Coconut Oil Coconut oil is made from high-quality coconut meat and is suitable for frying foods that gives crispy textures. Mamaco coconut cooking oil is one of the examples.
2. Palm Oil Palm oil is very popular in tropical countries and it is widely used in various cooking activities because of its affordable price.
3. Olive Oil This healthy oil is made from olives that has a lot of unsaturated fat needed by our body. Besides being used for frying, olive oil is often used as a salad dressing.
4. Canola Oil Canola oil is made from the seeds of the canola flower. This oil contains omega-3 which is good for health that can help us to lose weight.
5. Sunflower Seed Oil As the name implies, the oil is produced from the oil extraction process contained in sunflower seeds. This oil contain omega-6 which is useful for preventing heart disease and stroke.
6. Peanut Oil Peanut oil is made from the refining process of peanut seeds. This oil contains vitamin E, thus this kind of oil is quite expensive. Peanut oil can be used for sauteing and mixed in salad dressing.
7. Corn Oil Corn oil is extracted from corn kernels. Since corn oil has a high smoke point, corn oil can be used to cook various types of food.
8. Sesame Oil Sesame oil is produced from sesame seed extraction. It can be used for cooking and improving the taste of foods. For those who enjoy Chinese cuisine, sesame oil is certainly familiar.
Well, those are the types of vegetable oil that can be used for cooking. What is your favorite oil? Choose it according to your needs.